Here i am back in 2017…and here is something useful if you also run into the SCSM and SCOM Console issue when running on the same system… Issue: Since GA of System Center 2016 there had been some issues…”interesting” Client-OS requirements and other stuff At the moment there is an issue, so you cannot run SCSM and…
Update Rollup 8 for System Center 2012 R2 Operations Manager available
Microsoft has released Update Rollup 8 for System Center 2012 R2 Operations Manager recently.
The Update Rollup 8 for SCOM contains 12 fixes. Some of them are:
- SCOMpercentageCPUTimeCounter.vbs causes enterprise wide performance issue
- Run As Account(s) Expiring Soon — Alert does not raise early enough
- Duplicate entries for devices when network discovery runs
Also there is a Feature / Support update:
- Network Device Certification extended(Cisco, F5, Dell)
- Preferred Partner Program in Administration Pane
Update packages for Operations Manager are available from Windows Update or by manual download from the Microsoft Update Catalog.
Install the Update in the following order:
- Management Servers
- Gateway Servers
- Web Console/n
- Operations Consoles
Also you have to follow these steps:
- Apply SQL scripts (see installation Information)
- Manually import the management packs
- Update Agents
- You must run this update rollup as an administrator
- Do not install this update rollup package immediately after you install the System Center 2012 R2 server. Otherwise, the Health Service state may not be initialized
- read instructions in KB….und never forget the backup!!!