Right now Altaro is running the Holiday Contest. And you can join until December 10th You only have to download Altaro VM Backup and send a screenshot of your installation to Altaro. You can win a Nintendo Switch or Amazon gift cards So let’s go: Enjoy Altaro Backup… Related
Update Rollup 9 for System Center 2012 R2 Data Protection Manager available
Microsoft has released Update Rollup 9 for System Center 2012 R2 Data Protection Manager recently. Here you can find all infos:
UR 9 for DPM 2012 R2 is shipping some new features:
- Automatically repair DPM Filter corruptions without requiring a consistency check for file server backups
- No production server restart is required when you upgrade from DPM 2012 R2 Update Rollup 6 or later versions
- Removing the Offline/Online tag from Hyper-V VM name in the DPM UI
Nice changes, should help working with DPM!
In addition to the new Features, there are some fixed issues:
- DPM console crashes
- Item level recovery for SharePoint may fail after you upgrade to DPM 2012 R2 Update Rollup 6, 7, or 8
- protecting a stand-alone SQL database by using DPM, and then you try to create a mirror database and protect it
So good stuff here too!
Update packages for Data Protection Manager are available from Microsoft Update or by manual download.
Before Installation please remember: Backup first!
You have to update DPM in These steps:
- Update DPM server
- Update DPM Agents from console
Here is the original KB:
so: Happy Patching