Over the last weeks we have discussed the basic principles of Azure. Normally when I start a conversation with the customer I ask them about their Azure Governance strategy and concept. But what does that mean? What is Governance?! Let us first have a look into the word Governance itself. At this point I would…
Wieder einmal gibt es einige neue Management Packs aus dem Hause Microsoft und von Anderen:
This management pack includes monitors and rules to effectively monitor Exchange Server 2013 on its performance, availability, and reliability of its server roles.
Management Packs for Windows Server 2012 R2 Preview
The Extended Microsoft SQL Server Management Pack version 7.1.8570.3 monitors the availability of Microsoft SQL Server 2008, 2008 R2, and 2012.
This management pack augments the existing SQL Server management pack by monitoring for the following changes in your environment:
- New – Removed the „Collect Process Working Set (SQLServr)“ performance collection rule as it was incorrectly configured, targetting the SQL 2008 and 2012 DBEngine class.
- New – Created a new class „SQL Server
Computer Role“ with discovery rule to support targetting of custom performance collection rules that are not aligned with the SQL instance, but the OS.
- New – Created new performance collection rules for SQLServr instance process – Private Bytes, % Processor Time, and Working Set.
- Monitors database backup status and only alerts for databases which are not part of an Availability Group. Any database hosted on a secondary replica in an Availability Group is excluded from monitoring for database backup status.
- Removed all alert rules that monitor the health of mirrored databases as this is adequately covered in the latest release of the SQL management pack.
- Removed an alert rule which monitors filegroup free space exhaustion, as it is adequately covered in the latest release of the SQL management pack.
- Created an additional performance report for database engine instance metrics collected by performance collection rules included in this management pack.
Included in the ZIP file is the management pack in sealed read-only format, readme file, and the Deployment Guide.
Diese und weitere Infos finden sich auch im System Center: Operations Manager Engineering Blog