Everybody using System Center Components for Managing Client Systems, has heard about Client Management Suite, or actually owns it. Client Management Suite Adiotionally to the System Center Configuration Manager Client Management License (CML), which allows you to use ConfigMgr and Virtual Machine Manager, the System Center Client Management Suite was a package of all the other System Center Products and…
With Update Rollup 6 for System Center 2012 R2 Data Protection Manager there are some new Features and lots of fixes:
The following features have been added with UR 6:
- Option to keep online backup data while deleting a protection group
- Support for SQL Server 2014 as DPMDB (Because the support for SQL Server 2014 as a DPM database is added in Update Rollup 6, the release version of DPM 2012 R2 will not install on SQL Server 2014.)
There are totally 15 fixes in Update Rollup 6. The full list is provided in the Knowledge Base…
- When you receive a popup error message in DPM that contains a More Information redirection link, the link does not correctly redirect. This causes a “Page Not Found” error.
- If you protect System State or BMR after you upgrade to DPM Update Rollup 5, the console may crash or become unresponsive while it is running DPM Inquiry
- The Refresh button in the Create/Modify PG wizard may be disabled even after you select a PS computer
- Create\Modify\Delete on a PG with Clustered File Server data sources may fail with Error 197 or cause a console crash. This specifically occurs after DPM Update Rollup 5 is installed.
- Before you install this update, make a backup of the Data Protection Manager database
- Update Backup Servers through Windows Update (or manual)
- Update Backup Agents
- restart protected servers
It is recommended that you restart the protected computers after you apply the Update Rollup 6 Agent update. If protected computers are not restarted after you apply Update Rollup 6, there may be several issues.
Dieser Post ist auch verfügbar auf: German